7 Simple Steps to Save Energy When Air Conditioning is a Must this summer
There is no denying when summer arrives, the temperature reaches the 100 degree often and air conditioners becomes a must-have for every abode in Ahoskie, Edenton, Goldsboro, Greenville, Plymouth, Rocky Mount, Washington and Williamston in NC. However, every year during the sweltering summer months you have to spend round about $10 billion on keeping your abode cool and cosy for your family. Hence, air conditioning is one of those spectacular luxuries available in the market that do not come cheap. The higher demand for cool air during the scorching summer months uses more energy from your AC naturally leading to higher energy costs for your abode. Air conditioning your home makes up approximately 50% of your overall energy bill and thus it is of paramount importance to take all safety precautions to make sure that your AC is working as efficiently as possible all day and all night. A few ideal tips of improving your abode’s efficiency with your air conditioner without taking too much of time or costing lump sum amounts have been discussed here by us at Comfort Master, a leading company in NC offering a complete range of services in air conditioning repair, installation and maintenance for both residential and commercial properties. To help keep your energy bills and your energy consumption as low as possible, Follow these 7 Easy steps given below
More often than not, we use more energy than what we actually need. Follow these simple steps given below to increase the efficiency of your AC and comfort of your abode this summer:
- Daily tune up your air conditioning system.
- Stay up-to-date on regular maintenance.
- Use your air conditioner much lesser than the bed fan.
- Consider replacing your air conditioning system if it is more than 10 years old (energy bills gets reduced anywhere from 20 to 50%).
- Clean the air filter and ducts, at least once every week.
- Use a window A.C. unit instead of a larger central air unit to cool your room.
- Keep your thermostat set at a reasonably cool temperature, i.e., at about 75 degrees Fahrenheit
Now, that you can stay cool with these energy saving tips for several years to come, get started with some of the things you can do today. But, do you have any another tips to add to the pile for improving air conditioners’ energy efficiency? Please feel free to share with us below!